Find A Document:
If your business releases emissions such as smoke, they should be properly controlled through a stack to make sure that:
- they are properly dispersed
- the local air quality is protected
- neighbours are not affected by noxious fumes or odours.
Businesses should also take special care to prevent ‘fugitive’ emissions, ie, uncontrolled discharges that escape through the windows and doors of your premises.
If your business releases pollutants into the air then you may require an EPA licence depending on the amount and type of emission. See do I need a licence? for more information.
Even if your business does not need a licence right now, it may do in the future if the emissions increase or change. See is your business growing or changing? for more information.
- Air quality publications
- Air quality impact assessment (241.2 KB PDF)
- Air pollution modelling - presentation of results (179.7 KB PDF)
- Air quality
- Information for licensees
Last modified: 05/06/2012 02:56 pm