Find A Document:
Site contamination generally arises from activities that have left substances in the soil or groundwater of a site that may harm the environment or human health.
Before purchasing a property you should check what activities have previously occurred at the site in case they have contaminated it.
If you're uncertain about the property and whether it is suitable for the use that you intend, the EPA can supply information and guidance: contact us.
- What is site contamination? (134.1 KB PDF)
- Site contamination and the Environment Protection Act 1993
- Responsibility for assessment and remediation of site contamination (117.9 KB PDF)
- Notification of site contamination that affects or threatens underground water pursuant to section 83A of the Environment Protection Act 1993
- Site contamination publications
- Site contamination
- Site contamination audit system
- Auditor register
- Site contamination groundwater index on the public register
Last modified: 05/06/2012 03:01 pm