An EPA investigation (assessment) area may be identified by the EPA where information on site contamination identifies the need for potential risks to human health to be assessed within a large area. This will typically be in situations when site contamination has been identified (often groundwater contamination) which extends outside the boundaries of a site under investigation and is identified as affecting adjacent numerous land parcels.
The EPA will actively engage with all affected owners and occupiers of land when the EPA identifies an assessment area may be appropriate.
Information on investigation areas that have been identified by the EPA is available from the links below.
Further information on groundwater contamination and guidance on the use of groundwater.
EPA assessment areas
- Beverley, Woodville West and Woodville South
- Glenelg East
- Hendon industrial area
- Southeastern Edwardstown
Updates on other sites
- Allenby Gardens
- Athelstone, Dernancourt and Royal Park
- Clovelly Park-Mitchell Park
- Elizabeth, General Motors Holden
- Elizabeth South
- Klemzig, 44 OG Road
- Mansfield Park
- Para Hills
- Parafield Gardens
- 1102 South Road, Edwardstown
- Southern Edwardstown
- Edwardstown–South Plympton (Hills)
- Solomontown, Port Pirie, 2011
- Klemzig, 35 OG Road, 2011
- Birkenhead, 2011
- Seacliff area, 2010
- Le Fevre Peninsula Primary School, 2008
- Old Lightburn factory site, Novar Gardens 2006
- West Lakes, 2000