Refuse derived fuel
The EPA has developed a standard on the information and processes that are required to support resource efficiency and the beneficial recovery of energy from waste by the combustion of refuse derived fuel (RDF) in an industrial process.
This standard outlines a risk-based approach to address the issues and considerations of producing and using RDF.
Key components include:
- the information that must be provided to the EPA to ensure an appropriate level of regulation
- the need to demonstrate the suitability of a proposal including full assessment of risks and the requisite quality assurance and quality controls
- the need to demonstrate genuine recovery of energy from waste
- the requirement to undertake stakeholder consultation as a vital part of any proposed production and use of RDF.
- Standard for the production and use of refuse derived fuel
- Refuse derived fuel brochure