Find A Document:
You can report a pollution incident to the EPA in the following ways:
- Telephone: (08) 8204 2004 or 1800 623 445 (non-metropolitan callers)
- Fax: (08) 8124 4670
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsure whether an accident is actually a 'pollution incident', it is still best to contact the EPA, and we will assist you. Any person (including licensee) who is responsible for a pollution incident is required by law to notify the EPA as soon as possible.
If you're a licensee and you know your coordinator, you should notify them directly via telephone or email.
You can notify us by email for non-emergency complaints. The email notification must include:
- name, address and daytime telephone number of person making the report
- incident details (please indicate if the incident is still occurring at the time this notification is lodged)
- date and time of incident
- details of source of pollution—business name, address, etc
- location of incident (not always the same as address).
Note: The EPA may not be able to act on complaints lodged more than two business days (Monday to Friday) after the incident occurs.
Anonymous notifications will most likely not be investigated by the EPA.
Caller's details are confidential to the EPA, but details may be given to the local council if the incident is within its jurisdiction.
Last modified: 17/12/2012 02:34 pm